- Native advertising is revolutionizing the world of content, advertiser-magazine relationships, advertiser-reader relationships, and revenue models
- Big data is putting serious science and analysis behind every decision we make in magazine publishing, from content to advertising to new products
- Mobile will be the dominant platform for information distribution and consumption and it is so revolutionary that some are calling it a “do-over” chance for legacy media who got the whole internet thing so terribly wrong
- Programmatic advertising suddenly appears on its way to becoming the way most ads will be sold and scheduled
- Video has become the most effective, most powerful, and fastest-growing method of delivering content and advertising to the largest audience, all in ways that are increasingly accessible to all publishers.
The Innovations in Magazine Media 2014 World Report delivers on 156 pages great information on (e.g.)
- Paywalls, content sales, eCommerce, mCommerce, programmatic advertising, publishing frequency, print innovations, personalization, Google Glass, eNewsletters, and more
- BuzzFeed, Condé Nast, The Huffington Post, Atlantic Media, Virgin, Pepsi, Forbes, The Washington Post, Hearst, Microsoft, The Guardian, OgilvyOne, Nivea, Elle, and Netflix to name a few brands featured in the report
- Insight from Google, ZenithOptimedia, Nielsen, Reuters, Digiday, eMarketer, and GfK.
The Innovations in Magazine Media 2014 report is available in print and digital here
First published at Hugo E. Martin on Media + Marketing